O’Dell is always looking for motivated and qualified people who want to join our dynamic team. If there are no current postings, feel free to contact us and send along your resume. We offer competitive wages, benefits and an employer sponsored RRSP plan.
Position: Technical Outside Sales (HVAC)
Location: Waterloo, ON
Job Description: As an experienced salesperson, you know better than anyone how the perfect blend of technical knowledge and people skills, can lead to incredible success.
Now, you’re looking for an opportunity to sell industry-leading products, with a growing company, where your sales skills and technical knowledge will be recognized and well rewarded.
At O’Dell Associates Inc., we have that opportunity.
What You’ll Be Doing
While every day is different in sales, most of your time will be spent on two related activities: closing sales and building relationships.
We all know that every sale starts with familiarity and trust, and your efforts will focus on the contractors who need our equipment and services to do their best work. Splitting your time between new, established, and future customers, you’ll manage the relationships that are critical to our business success.
But every long-term relationship also starts with a great sale; using your detailed technical knowledge of our services, products and price points, you’ll provide value and expertise to customers new and old so the get the most out of our offerings and stay with us for years to come.
Practically speaking, you’ll:
- Visit existing customers to maintain and deepen relationships
- Educate contractors about our product line
- Identify sales opportunities with existing customers by demonstrating the unique advantages of our products
- Support design-build contractors by providing design and application support
- Work with our inside sales team to create equipment quotations for jobs
- Oversee customer projects (with support of inside sales team) from quotation to installation to ensure customers’ complete satisfaction
- Identify and proactively pursue opportunities for business with new customers
- To start, we’ll provide you with a number of high-potential accounts, along with in-house and manufacturer’s training to set you up for success.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your solid HVAC knowledge to a dynamic role in an incredible team environment. The best person for this role will bring a high-level of technical expertise, along with a genuine drive for success. You’re tenacious, proactive, and always on the lookout for new opportunities to advance business.
You’re also a people person who builds long-lasting relationships with ease. You’re a problem solver who takes great satisfaction in helping customers uncover creative solutions to their most challenging problems.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
Working with O’Dell Associates Inc.
We’re a growing company with a supportive small-team feel and a positive, fun, open work environment. Our employees are highly engaged because they have autonomy to make decisions, and the freedom to reach their goals.
Depending on experience you’ll earn a base salary between $60,000-$80,000 per year. Upon meeting an annual sales profit minimum, you’ll earn 30% commission on gross profit of sales (uncapped). Successful sales representatives can expect total on target earnings over $100,000/year.
Here’s what else you’ll enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Mileage covered and monthly phone allowance
- Vacation time negotiable depending on experience
- Christmas & New Year holiday closure
- Company sponsored professional affiliations (PEO, OACETT, CPSA, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Training opportunities at manufacturers’ facilities across Canada and the USA
- This is a full-time, permanent position working out of our Waterloo office. You’ll be on the road, visiting customers about 50% of your time. Our core business hours are 8 am to 5 pm.
What Makes You an Ideal Candidate
- College or university education in engineering or a related field (e.g. mechanical engineering, mechanical technology, or similar). Applicants with a strong background that combines contracting, HVAC installation, and sales will also be considered.
- Solid grasp of engineering principles and HVAC systems and applications
- Experience in a technical sales role with proven track record of sales success
- Experience working with consulting engineers and/or in the construction/building services industry is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid passport, with the ability to travel within Canada and the USA (for training at manufacturers’ facilities)
Job Description: O’Dell is looking for a venting & ULC listed duct sales specialist! The position will focus on supporting engineering & contractor sales activities with respect to both Ampco & Heatfab products.
Date Posted: 2018-07