100% Efficient Energy Recovery – Say What?
Achieving one hundred percent efficient energy recovery is the holy grail of energy efficiency. It also happens to be thermodynamically possible if you have an infinite heat exchanger in a counter-flow arrangement. Do we have the space for this in today’s buildings? No, but is it possible? Yes! And it goes by the name of enVerid.
By applying ASHRAE 62.IAQ procedure (IAQp), in conjunction with enVerid gas-phase filtration, you can effectively reduce ventilation requirements to your building, while maintaining a healthy environment. On average, a single enVerid unit can reduce ventilation by up to 2,000-cfm. Think of it as a 100% efficient, 2,000-cfm energy recovery ventilator—imagine the savings! Or to be specific:
- Heating: 162,000-BTU/hr
- Cooling: 134,876-BTU/hr
- Sensible: 68,188-BTU/hr
- Latent: 66,688-BTU/hr
- Humidification: 55-LBS/hr
Basically, the cost of integrating an enVerid unit is offset by the savings in the central plant or air handling unit. How’s that for value?
Give us a call at O’Dell Associates and we’ll show how to start saving energy in your buildings and/or designs. We’ll even do the 62.1 IAQp calculations for you.
For more information, contact O’Dell today.
Share This Post
- Can you select an energy recovery device with ZERO cross contamination?
- Isolation Intelligence: (June 3, 2020 @ 3:00pm EST) Fresh-Aire UV – UV Filtration & IAQ
- Isolation Intelligence: (May 27, 2020 @ 3:00pm EST) Valent – DOAS Solutions
- Isolation Intelligence: (May 22nd, 2020 @ 12pm EST): Monoxivent – FRP Solutions
- O’Dell Knows IAQ! Helping you navigate COVID19