A New Approach to High-Efficiency Air-to-Air Energy Recovery
As part of our commitment to excellence, O’Dell works exclusively with top manufacturers in the HVAC industry. One such example, Bousquet Technologies, is a pioneer in the design and manufacturing of ventilation equipment in Canada. The company has been producing top-of-the-line heating and cooling air handlers and make-up air units for more than half a century.
Bousquet recently launched a new regenerative heat exchanger that represents an innovative approach to air-to-air energy recovery.
At 95% efficiency, the Superblock outperforms other technologies such as fixed plates (70%) and energy wheels (80%). It has two banks of aluminum cores that accumulate energy in two separated parallel air streams. While one bank is charged with the exhausted air, the other releases its heat into the fresh air.
- Can be integrated in AHUs
- Self cleaning (cleanable)
- Heat recovery without refrigerant
- Simple parts to maintain (motors)
- Custom width from 24″–157″
- Custom height from 45″–157″
- Quiet without surging noise
- Optional side/side configuration
- Efficiencies up to 95% from 800–40,000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) in one module
- 0–10Vdc controllable capacity
- Low freezing potential
- Low cross contamination
- Low pressure drop
- VAV compatible
- Parallel flow option
Optimal efficiency is achieved when the Superblock operates with the airstreams in a counterflow configuration.
Its design also permits parallel airflows to give more flexibility to the designer.
This product has industrial-grade TEFC motors, gear box and linkages to withstand millions of cycles and proximity switches that ensure the complete cycle of operation.
Heavy duty dampers with seals limit cross contamination while the all-aluminum core and galvanized casing prevents corrosion in standard environments.
With reliable, robust products and strict manufacturing standards, Bousquet and O’Dell are the perfect fit.
For more information about Bousquet’s Superblock, contact O’Dell today.
Share This Post
- enVerid Systems – COVID-19 Perspective
- Webinar (April 8th, 2020): TriDim Filtration & Viruses – Pandemic Edition
- Webinar (April 6th, 2020): Prihoda – Textile Air Distribution
- Isolation Intelligence (April 1, 2020): EnVerid – Outside Air Reduction, Savings & IAQ
- Isolation Intelligence (Mar. 30, 2020): EffectiV HVAC