Spring Air Launches UV-C Light Solution
Spring Air Systems continues to develop the most versatile and efficient kitchen exhaust solutions on the market. Partnering with Jimco, Spring Air has introduced the new UltraFlow ultraviolet (UV) solution. This technology offers an environmentally friendly, energy-efficient solution to reduce grease and odour from your kitchen exhaust.
The UV light spectrum contains intensive UV-C light, which kills microbes. When fat and grease particles are exposed to UV-C light, a process called photolytic oxidation occurs. Effectively, the larger particles are split into smaller fragments by the high-intensity UV-C light. Ozone, which is generated by the UV-C light, oxidizes these smaller particles and thus reduces pollution. Here’s a short video explaining the process:
UltraFlow is the only exhaust hood in North America to be certified by the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) program. ETV provides independent evaluation and verification of a product’s environmental claims, supported by high quality, independent test data and information—thereby building buyer confidence. Click here for more details on ETV.
- Reduction of maintenance costs associated with grease duct system
- Cost savings due to decreased filter changes (if your system requires an ecology unit)
- ETV certification
- Environmental stewardship
For more information, contact O’Dell today.
Share This Post
- Can you select an energy recovery device with ZERO cross contamination?
- Isolation Intelligence: (June 3, 2020 @ 3:00pm EST) Fresh-Aire UV – UV Filtration & IAQ
- Isolation Intelligence: (May 27, 2020 @ 3:00pm EST) Valent – DOAS Solutions
- Isolation Intelligence: (May 22nd, 2020 @ 12pm EST): Monoxivent – FRP Solutions
- O’Dell Knows IAQ! Helping you navigate COVID19